Beginning in 2016, the Council has actively sought the viewpoints of licensed cannabis farmers in Washington, and advocated on behalf of farmers before regulatory agencies including the Liquor and Cannabis Board, the Department of Agriculture, the Spokane Clean Air Agency, the State Building Code Council, and various county and local government agencies.
Previous Advocacy Letters.
- January 10, 2017: Council Letter to LCB regarding Comments re proposed Quality Assurance Rules (WSR 16-24-094).
- January 1, 2017: Cannabis Farming in Spokane County: An Overview of Local Cannabis Farming, Its Economic Impact, & Zoning Recommendations, Prepared and presented by Board Member, Crystal Oliver (Washington's Finest Cannabis)
- November 2, 2016: Council Letter to the LCB regarding Opposition to New Warning Label.
- August 9, 2016: Text of Petition against New Warning Label endorsed by the Council and supported by about 150 signatories.
- July 12, 2016: Council Letter to Okanogan County Board of Commissioners regarding Legal and Regulatory Status of Cannabis as an Agricultural Product.
- March 22, 2016: Council Letter to the LCB regarding Endorsement of Farmers' Proposed 10-Point Action Plan, together with petition of support by over 300 signatories
- March 22, 2016: Text of Petition endorsed by the Council and supported by over 400 signatories.
- February 10, 2016: Council Letter to the LCB regarding Endorsement of Notes and Comments on Draft WAC, together with petition of support by 380 signatories
- February 10, 2016: Text of Petition endorsed by the Council and supported by nearly 400 signatories.